Who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagles.
God is our loving father and it is natural for a father to give good things to His children. Sometimes, earthly fathers will go out of their way to do this. The scriptures tell us, “If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him” (Matthew 7:11). It is therefore important for us as God’s children to firmly have this understanding, that, regardless of our current position in the journey of faith, part of our heritage is to be lavished with goodness by our father. This will help us to debunk the enemy’s lies and help us access our blessings without hindrance.
We are confident of this because:
- God is love (1 John 4:8). It is a different thing for a human being to love another. God’s very nature is love. It is His character. Also, we know that love gives. So, when God gives, He does it out of His character. The devil was able to deceive Eve by making her believe that God was hiding from or trying to deny her and Adam something. This made her become curious and fall into sin. We are not meant to be curious in that way about the promises of God, we are to believe.
- God owns everything and He owns you too (Isaiah 43:1). We are God’s heritage. He knows us personally. He knows us by our names. He knows our needs. Psalm 50:10 says that “For every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills.” God’s budget is inexhaustible. He needs no approval to disburse. When He works, who will reverse? (Isaiah 43:13). All we need is to have His approval (the blessing); we already have this through Jesus.
Four Steps to Take to Obtain His Good Things
So, I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Luke 11:9-10
The process of asking is the locator of our faith position. It is an indicator that we believe. Therefore, once we have the understanding of our position in God, let us make it a habit to specifically ask for the exact thing(s) we need. Nobody will do that for us. So, ask and ask again until you receive.
Now He did not do many mighty works there because of their unbelief. Matt 13:58
Believing is the opposite of doubt. It is the battle that takes place in our minds. We believe when we focus the wholeheartedly with full expectation that what we asked for is on its way. Then, we begin to prepare our environment for its arrival, and we engage in praise even before we receive the promise. It is a choice we have to consciously make with the help of the Holy Spirit.
Now the Lord had said to Abram: “Get out of your country, from your family and from your father’s house, to a land that I will show you.” Genesis 12:1
God planned to bless Abraham, but He could not because of his location. Abraham at this point was living in a country of idolaters. God had to instruct him to leave his native land for Him to execute His plan for him. God’s goodness (blessing) is location-specific. Positioning is not necessarily geographic, most of the time it is an indication of relationship or habits. Psalm 1:1 says, Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful; 2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in His law, he meditates day and night. Therefore, to be well-positioned, we have to let go of some relationships and embrace others. So, when He is looking for us, He finds us at the right place doing the right thing.
That the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. Galatians 3:14
This is where the rubber meets the road. Receiving the promise completes the cycle. This is when we actually bring the promise into physical manifestation. We pull the promise through sustained prayer and praise. The hint is, when you believe, don’t quit, don’t back down. Stand unswervingly on the promise. Knowing that He that promised is faithful. Don’t let the enemy rob you of your blessing. Fight through until you see what the Lord has promised you. Remember, He loves you and has in His store all you will ever need.
Therefore, beloved of the Lord, let’s get ready for this move of the Lord this season and beyond. Ask, believe, position, and receive His goodness.
- Dear Lord, thank you for loving me just the way I am. Thank you for delivering me from the power of darkness. I thank you for I know that you are thinking of me and working things out in my favour. I praise you for not giving up on me. Thank you, Lord, for I know that you are not weary of my asking. Receive all the praise, oh Lord! My heart is full of gratitude for your undying love for me. I give you all the praise today.
- Father, your word charged me to ask and I will receive. Therefore, Lord, today I ask that you for (fill in whatever you are believing God for). Praise awaits you in Zion. For I know it is done. I ask in Jesus’ name.
- As I have asked you, Lord, I choose to believe. I know that you are not a man that you will lie, neither son of man that you will change your mind. I know your word will not return to you without accomplishing what you have sent it to do. I come against the spirit of fear and doubt. I mix your word with faith. I will not waver in faith. I will not go back to Egypt to desire what the slave master has. I will take you at your word and rest in the assurance of your power in Jesus’ name.
- Dear Holy Spirit, my helper, I surrender my all to you today. Order my steps and guide me to be in the position where the Lord expects to meet me. I will not miss my delivery angel. As I position myself where you want me to be, my lamp will be filled and my candle burning, waiting for your appearance. I will not walk in the steps of the wicked. I will not stand in the way that sinners take and will not sit in the company of mockers. I will pursue righteousness and holiness. Help me Holy Spirit, so that my garment will remain white, in Jesus’ name.
- Father, according to your word, I receive your promise. It will not tarry. I come against the activities of the princes of Persia and call for angelic reinforcements to ensure delivery of the good things You have for me. I raise the altar of praise in honour of your name and proclaim your goodness in the congregation of your people, in Jesus’ name I pray.
Rotimi A. Owoade